Tesla’s Board Wants Funding Details on Musk's Delisting Plan
Tesla Inc.’s board has asked CEO Elon Musk to describe the funding he says he has “secured” to take the electric car company private, sources tell Reuters.
#economics
Tesla Inc.’s board has asked CEO Elon Musk to describe the funding he says he has arranged to take the electric car company private, sources tell Reuters.
The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission seeks the same details. Musk indicated in a nine-word tweet on Tuesday that funding to delist Tesla at $420 per share had been “secured.” The SEC also wants to know why Musk announced the plan via social media rather than a formal filing to the commission.
Tesla’s board has discussed the general idea of going private. But a Reuters source says it still has no details from Musk about who would provide the roughly $70 billion in funding required.
Tesla’s share price, which started the week at $345, closed at nearly $380 on Tuesday after Musk’s tweet. But growing skepticism among analysts and investors prompted a two-day slide to a closing price of $352 yesterday.
RELATED CONTENT
-
Mazda, CARB and PSA North America: Car Talk
The Center for Automotive Research (CAR) Management Briefing Seminars, an annual event, was held last week in Traverse City, Michigan.
-
On Global EV Sales, Lean and the Supply Chain & Dealing With Snow
The distribution of EVs and potential implications, why lean still matters even with supply chain issues, where there are the most industrial robots, a potential coming shortage that isn’t a microprocessor, mapping tech and obscured signs, and a look at the future
-
Global Car Market to Shrink for 2-3 Years
Global sales of light vehicles will decline year on year through at least 2021, predicts LMC Automotive at its annual outlook conference outside Detroit, Mich.