Senior Level Graphic Designer
Gardner Business Media, a global media and marketing agency, is seeking a Senior Level Graphic Designer to collaborate directly with our Creative, Events and Marketing managers. This position is offered in Cincinnati, Ohio, and offers comprehensive benefits, a friendly, family-oriented work environment and possibility for career growth. Gardner is the premier publisher for the heart of manufacturing in North America – providing relevant information of keen interest to the people who power plants, shops, and factories.
About this Role
The designer’s primary work will be to ensure the delivery of audience appropriate design supporting Gardner’s B2B integrated media and sponsored events. This role requires a variety of conceptual and technical disciplines required for the execution of print collateral, digital products, UI and trade shows graphics. Additionally, this position requires a solid understanding of design hierarchy, readability formulas and graphic standards when working with our established brands. In large, much of the design work will be for printed material including media kits, direct-mail campaigns, standalone sales pieces, large-format display graphics, trade show signage, high page-count print directories and an assortment of short-run in-house creative projects. Additionally, this design position demands a sensible approach to UI for deep content delivered via web and branded e-newsletters. Gardner is an integrated media company serving unique resource-driven content to numerous manufacturing sectors and end markets. Ideal candidates should have some prior experience in magazine work flows, print production and/or creative work with manufacturing companies. Design candidates should present samples of marketing collateral/campaigns, creative work for trade show display graphics, examples of digital promotions for Online/mobile and any projects that represent design efforts that deliver deep content in digital media.
Top Skills Needed
- Collaborate effectively with each project stakeholder in addition to the Creative, Events and Marketing managers
- Deliver work that consistently reaches our intended audience with appropriate message hierarchy and design aesthetics
- Fluid execution of layout and design using Adobe InDesign/Illustrator
- Sort, process, manipulate, and enhance digital imagery using Adobe Photoshop and Camera Raw
- Ensure final work is ready for production in any number of in-house and off-site printing processes
- Delivery of UI artwork necessary for deployment via Online/mobile
- Ownership to assigned projects from initial job request through the final delivery of production files
- Creatively work within the established look-and-feel of our existing integrated media brands
- Prioritize creative and production time given multiple deadlines and long-term marketing campaigns
- Continually stay aware of influences to graphic design, typographic techniques, design software and visual trends
Working Skill Set
- Ability to communicate effectively with in-house with marketing teams and off-site work groups
- High proficiency using the Adobe CC Suite: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat
- A functional familiarity with Dreamweaver, Bridge, Camera Raw and the MS Office suite
- Firm understanding of standards for HTML/CSS are a benefit however hands-on web development skills are not required
- Knowledgeable about font trends, styles and use for both print and digital media
- Firm understanding of your chosen operating system: Apple or Windows
- Bachelor’s degree with formal graphic design training or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5-7 years of professional experience inside an in-house design group or a small design firm
A Bit About Us
Gardner Business Media is a global media company creating magazines and websites that accommodate deep-dive features and industry news, plus research cited internationally and events covering leading-edge manufacturing technologies, including 3D printing and the human-robotic interface. Alert and ready for the changes reshaping media, we are seeking players who will be ready to take us to the next level in immersive media experiences.
- Gardner is located in the heart of Newtown Ohio, which is a little-known gem- right across the street from a beautiful park with miles of walking and biking trails, and just around the corner from a craft brewery, sand volleyball and kayaking on the little Miami.
- We are family friendly with flexible work hours and progressive management that values self-driven work and dedication over micro-managing.
- The most important quality we look for in employees is intelligence. If we hire good, smart people, other qualifications can be trained. As a result, you will be working in an environment with smart people who are good at what they do and want to be both taught and learned from. It’s both an inspiration and a positive challenge.
- We don’t take ourselves too seriously. We work hard, but there’s always laughter in the hallways and a celebration on the calendar.
- We aren’t widely known on career sites because we have fantastic retention. We foster an environment where people hang on to their jobs because they love them. In addition to young talent, currently employed at Cincinnati HQ are more than three-dozen employees who have 20+ years on staff. This is a place you can build a career.
Job type: Full Time
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Industry: Business to Business Publishing
Experience Level: Senior-Level
Company Size: 50-200 employees
Role: Senior Graphic Designer
Company Type: Private