Sales Regional Manager
Gardner Business Media, a global media and marketing company, is seeking a passionate and driven B2B media solution sales professional who thrives on helping clients reach their business goals. We want an enthusiastic individual to join our Sales Team. Must be self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook. We are looking for someone sales motivated and that enjoys helping customers. This position offers comprehensive benefits, a friendly, family-oriented work environment and possibility for career growth. Gardner is the premier publisher for the heart of manufacturing in North America – providing relevant information of keen interest to the people who power plants, shops, and factories.
About this Role
With our integrated portfolio of media properties (print, digital, events), we combine our customized marketing solutions to help our clients reach their target audience, build their brands, generate leads, and grow their revenue. In this role, you will be focused on generating new opportunities for growth while supporting strong, long-term client relationships, as an outside sales professional.
Top Skills Needed
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, affinity for networking, and demonstrate high level of confidence and poise with a strong service orientation.
- Ability to identify, analyze, and capitalize on growth opportunities.
- Sell print, digital advertising, custom solutions and event sponsorships for monthly magazines and their related products to new and existing clients.
- Sell exhibits and sponsorships to existing and potential customers.
- Initiate calls to customers that have advertised in the past but have not renewed their advertising programs.
- Converts inquiries into opportunities, and influences customers to purchase new media programs.
- Develop and support relationships with customers, advertising agencies and prospects.
- Prospect, develop and build a full pipeline of sales opportunities.
- Travel within a defined geographic territory to meet with clients, prospect for new business and raise visibility for the brands in the industry.
- Prepare creative, fresh proposals and advise clients on their best marketing campaign options.
- Oversee development and performance of these integrated marketing campaigns.
- Meet sales goals and achieve revenue growth targets through the development, advancement, and closure of new and existing opportunities.
Working Skill Set
- Strong consultative and solutions-based selling skills.
- Knowledge of print, digital and custom advertising solutions.
- Knowledge of creating and selling content marketing lead generation programs.
- Proven record of accomplishment at exceeding monthly, quarterly, and yearly revenue goals.
- Strong analytical skills and solid understanding of business concepts that drive marketing decisions.
- Build enduring relationships with customers, advertising agencies and prospects.
- Work collaboratively with internal teams to drive revenue.
- Ability to communicate effectively with management, advertising, and marketing teams.
- Clear and consistent communicator and facilitator for change and positive action.
- Demonstrate skill, ability, and capability to resolve customer issues.
- Actively seek, document, and communicate better-known methods that would improve productivity and enhance customer relationships.
- Record and track sales activity and general administration related to sales.
- Ability to have fun.
- Bachelor's in business, Communications, Marketing, Sales, or related work experience.
- 2-3 years B2B sales experience, advertising/media sales is a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Competent skills in telephone and digital communications and in using Microsoft Office.
- Ability to Travel (25-50%).
A Bit About Us
Gardner Business Media is a global media company creating magazines and websites that accommodate deep-dive features and industry news, plus research cited internationally and events covering leading-edge manufacturing technologies, including 3D printing and the human-robotic interface. Alert and ready for the changes reshaping media, we are seeking players who will be ready to take us to the next level in immersive media experiences.
- Gardner is located in the heart of Newtown Ohio, which is a little-known gem- right across the street from a beautiful park with miles of walking and biking trails, and just around the corner from a craft brewery, sand volleyball and kayaking on the little Miami.
- We are family friendly with flexible work hours and progressive management that values self-driven work and dedication over micro-managing.
- The most important quality we look for in employees is intelligence. If we hire good, smart people, other qualifications can be trained. As a result, you will be working in an environment with smart people who are good at what they do and want to be both taught and learned from. It is both an inspiration and a positive challenge.
- We do not take ourselves too seriously. We work hard, but there’s always laughter in the hallways and a celebration on the calendar.
- We are not widely known on career sites because we have fantastic retention. We foster an environment where people hang on to their jobs because they love them. In addition to young talent, currently employed at Cincinnati HQ are more than three-dozen employees who have 20+ years on staff. This is a place you can build a career.
Job type: Full Time
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Industry: Business to Business Publishing
Experience Level: Mid-Level
Company Size: 50-200 employees
Role: Sales Regional Manager
Company Type: Private
Please submit a cover letter and resume to HR Manager Tonya Harris.