Sales Account Manager
Gardner Business Media, a global media and marketing company, is seeking a motivated and enthusiastic individual to join our Sales Team. Must be self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook. We are looking for someone sales motivated and enjoys helping customers.
About this Role
With our integrated portfolio of media properties (print, digital, events), we combine our customized marketing solutions to help our clients reach their target audience, build their brands, generate leads, and grow their revenue. In this role, you’ll be working on our team, focusing on growing portfolio of conferences, events and association member services.
- Marketing exhibits, sponsorships and association member services to existing and potential clients.
- Initiate calls to clients that have purchased exhibits, sponsorships and association member services in the past but have not renewed.
- Convert inquiries into opportunities, and influence customers to buy or renew exhibits, sponsorships and association member services.
- Develop and maintain relationships with existing and potential clients.
- Demonstrate skill, expertise, and capability to resolve customer inquiries and issues.
- Actively seek, document, and communicate better-known methods that would improve productivity and enhance customer relationships.
- Additional responsibilities including recording and tracking leads, and general administration related to the sale.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, affinity for networking, and demonstrated high level of confidence and poise with a strong service orientation.
- Clear and consistent communicator and facilitator for change and positive action.
- Ability to identify, analyze, and capitalize on growth opportunities.
- Bachelors in Business, Communications, Marketing, Sales or related area.
- 1+ years of related experience in marketing and/or sales or other related positions.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Competent skills in telephone and digital communications and in using Microsoft Office.
- Association experience is a plus.
- Ability to Travel (10-20%).
A Bit About Us
Gardner Business Media is a global media company creating magazines and websites that accommodate deep-dive features and industry news, plus research cited internationally and events covering leading-edge manufacturing technologies, including 3D printing and the human-robotic interface. Alert and ready for the changes reshaping media, we are seeking players who will be ready to take us to the next level in immersive media experiences.
- Gardner is located in the heart of Newtown Ohio, which is a little-known gem- right across the street from a beautiful park with miles of walking and biking trails, and just around the corner from a craft brewery, sand volleyball and kayaking on the little Miami.
- We are family friendly with flexible work hours and progressive management that values self-driven work and dedication over micro-managing.
- The most important quality we look for in employees is intelligence. If we hire good, smart people, other qualifications can be trained. As a result, you will be working in an environment with smart people who are good at what they do and want to be both taught and learned from. It’s both an inspiration and a positive challenge.
- We don’t take ourselves too seriously. We work hard, but there’s always laughter in the hallways and a celebration on the calendar.
- We aren’t widely known on career sites because we have fantastic retention. We foster an environment where people hang on to their jobs because they love them. In addition to young talent, currently employed at Cincinnati HQ are more than three-dozen employees who have 20+ years on staff. This is a place you can build a career.
Job type: Full Time
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Industry: Business to Business Publishing
Experience Level: Entry-Level
Company Size: 50-200 employees
Role: Sales Account Manager
Company Type: Private
Please submit a cover letter and resume to HR Manager Tonya Harris.