Gardner Business Media is excited to announce an opportunity for a Marketing Manager with 7-10 years of B2B and/or media marketing expertise to join our marketing team. This position’s primary objectives are to create and build successful cross-channel campaigns and strategies that drive our readers and clients to Gardner-produced products. The Marketing Manager will develop, direct, deploy and analyze results from sales collateral, audience engagement campaigns and in-person events. The Marketing Manager will plan campaigns utilizing our existing channels including magazines, direct mail, online, email, video and social media. To influence and drive event registration and in-person event attendance, the Marketing Manager will need to create contextually relevant content, demonstrate strong messaging tactics, and be an advanced copywriter. The Marketing Manager will direct the creation and delivery of printed and digital selling tools, elevating promotional opportunities to event exhibitors and sponsors.
About this Role
Marketing Manager candidates must have an ongoing motivation to deliver solutions and grow their intellectual curiosity regarding our audiences, products and marketing methods. To move us forward in achieving our strategic brand goals, this position requires use of best marketing practices that connect with our existing markets and across the manufacturing industry landscape. Ideally applicants will bring a diverse skillset in brand stewardship, project management, team collaboration, content creation and multi-channel marketing tactics to all front-facing deliverables.
- Manage integrated marketing campaigns and brand development efforts for core Gardner Business Media products and services
- Collaborate with brand leaders and event teams to identify and drive business development objectives
- Develop multi-channel campaigns for media sales and industry events
- Manage group expectations in delivery of cross-channel devices supporting each campaign
- Execute campaign deployment on printed, online, email and social channels
- Analyze and report tactics insights to relevant stakeholders and department managers
- Craft contextually connected messaging through domain relevant content
- Contribute and directly collaborate with the Creative team for delivery of digital and printed materials
- Oversee brand presence at industry events, conferences and trade shows
- Drive digital brand growth through analytic and social media management
- Provide support to outside sales force
Required Education, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Proficient in multi-channel marketing
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent content creation, copy writing and proofing skills
- Experience with 3rd party marketing platforms and automation
- Keen understanding of audience engagement tactics and subsequent list segmentation
- Solid experience with various email development platforms and ESP deployment
- Aesthetic mindset for on-brand collateral when working with design teams
- Experience developing print materials and its distribution
- Excellent oral communication and presentation skills
- Dedicated problem solver
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to travel 3-5 weeks annually
A Bit About Us
Gardner Business Media is a global media company creating magazines and websites that accommodate deep-dive features and industry news, plus research cited internationally and events covering leading-edge manufacturing technologies, including 3D printing and the human-robotic interface. Alert and ready for the changes reshaping media, we are seeking players who will be ready to take us to the next level in immersive media experiences.
- Gardner is located in the heart of Newtown Ohio, which is a little-known gem- right across the street from a beautiful park with miles of walking and biking trails, and just around the corner from a craft brewery, sand volleyball and kayaking on the little Miami.
- We are family friendly with flexible work hours and progressive management that values self-driven work and dedication over micro-managing.
- The most important quality we look for in employees is intelligence. If we hire good, smart people, other qualifications can be trained. As a result, you will be working in an environment with smart people who are good at what they do and want to be both taught and learned from. It’s both an inspiration and a positive challenge.
- We don’t take ourselves too seriously. We work hard, but there’s always laughter in the hallways and a celebration on the calendar.
- We aren’t widely known on career sites because we have fantastic retention. We foster an environment where people hang on to their jobs because they love them. In addition to young talent, currently employed at Cincinnati HQ are more than three-dozen employees who have 20+ years on staff. This is a place you can build a career.
Company: Gardner Business Media
Position: Marketing Manager
Experience: 7-10 years
Location: Onsite-Cincinnati, OH
Job Category: Marketing, Advertising and Media
Job type: Full Time, Employee
Interested candidates should submit their full resume to HR Manager Tonya Harris. We also recommend candidates provide presentation decks outlining previous marketing campaigns and/or specific marketing efforts.