Full Stack Web Developer
Gardner Business Media, a global media and marketing company and event producer, is seeking a Full Stack Web Developer. This position is located in Cincinnati, Ohio and offers comprehensive benefits, a friendly, family-oriented work environment and potential for career growth. Although this position is headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio, long-term work-from-home candidates will be considered. Gardner is the premier publisher for the heart of manufacturing in North America – providing relevant information of keen interest to the people who power plants, shops, and factories.
About this Role
Gardner has made significant investments in software and employees over the last few years and has an immediate need for a developer who is skilled in getting disparate systems to communicate with each other. We have a constant need to work through migrations of data in and out of third-party applications.
High preference will be given to candidates having experience with C#, business intelligence tools, Google Analytics, ETL processes, and front-end development.
This position reports directly to the Lead Developer and will work closely with the Director of Content and Web to design and develop flexible, reliable solutions for business analytics reporting and customer portals, handle connections/integrations to third party data applications, as well as assist with maintenance of our CMS.
Additional job functions include gathering requirements, testing, documentation, and demoing new features to end-users.
Top Skills Needed
- APIs, web services, and systems integrations
- BI tools and ETL
- Microsoft SQL Server (or similar database experience)
- C#/ASP.NET MVC/.NET Core
- Bachelor of Science degree and/or relevant work experience
- Experience with JSON and XML data interchange formats for API integrations
- Able to write SQL functions, stored procedures, scheduled jobs, and complex SQL queries
- Excellent coding skills
- Experience with C#/.NET
- Proficiency with Git
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to own projects, working both independently and in a team environment from start to finish.
- Positive, collaborative attitude
A Bit About Us
Gardner Business Media is a global media company creating magazines and websites that accommodate deep-dive features and industry news, plus research cited internationally and events covering leading-edge manufacturing technologies, including 3D printing and the human-robotic interface. Alert and ready for the changes reshaping media, we are seeking players who will be ready to take us to the next level in immersive media experiences.
- Gardner is located in the heart of Newtown Ohio, which is a little-known gem- right across the street from a beautiful park with miles of walking and biking trails, and just around the corner from a craft brewery, sand volleyball and kayaking on the little Miami.
- We are family friendly with flexible work hours and progressive management that values self-driven work and dedication over micro-managing.
- The most important quality we look for in employees is intelligence. If we hire good, smart people, other qualifications can be trained. As a result, you will be working in an environment with smart people who are good at what they do and want to be both taught and learned from. It’s both an inspiration and a positive challenge.
- We don’t take ourselves too seriously. We work hard, but there’s always laughter in the hallways and a celebration on the calendar.
- We aren’t widely known on career sites because we have fantastic retention. We foster an environment where people hang on to their jobs because they love them. In addition to young talent, currently employed at Cincinnati HQ are more than three-dozen employees who have 20+ years on staff. This is a place you can build a career.
Job type: Contract to Hire
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio; Virtual
Industry: Business to Business Publishing
Experience Level: Mid-level (minimum 2 years experience)
Company Size: 50-200 employees
Role: Full Stack Web Developer
Company Type: Private
Please submit a cover letter and resume to HR Manager Tonya Harris.