Entry Level Help Desk Support Specialist
Gardner Business Media, a global media and marketing company and event producer, is seeking an Entry Level Help Desk Support Specialist. This position is located in Cincinnati, Ohio and offers comprehensive benefits, a friendly, family-oriented work environment and potential for career growth. Gardner is the premier publisher for the heart of manufacturing in North America – providing relevant information of keen interest to the people who power plants, shops, and factories.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
The Entry Level Help Desk Support Specialist will report to the Head of IT Infrastructure and have responsibility for assisting customers, staff, assisting on-site desktop support and troubleshooting. Gardner has made significant investments in software and employees over the last few years.
- Serve as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance
- Provide on-site desktop support
- Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions
- Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by customers
- Walk the customer through the problem-solving process
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel
- Provide accurate information on IT products or services
- Record events and problems and their resolution
- Follow-up and update customer status and information
- Pass on any feedback or suggestions by customers to the appropriate internal team
- Identify and suggest possible improvements on procedures
- Assist with setup, configuration, and installation of devices, equipment, software, printers and other peripherals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
TOP SKILLS REQUIRED
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong drive to provide excellent customer service and experience, with an awareness of prioritization of tasks, stakeholders, and time
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues
- BS/BA in IT, Computer Science or relevant field preferred
- Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; ability to lift at least 25 pounds
- Understanding and appreciation for information security within systems and user devices.
A BIT ABOUT US
Gardner Business Media is a global media company creating magazines and websites that accommodate deep-dive features and industry news, plus research cited internationally and events covering leading-edge manufacturing technologies, including 3D printing and the human-robotic interface. Alert and ready for the changes reshaping media, we are seeking players who will be ready to take us to the next level in immersive media experiences.
- Gardner is located in the heart of Newtown Ohio, which is a little-known gem- right across the street from a beautiful park with miles of walking and biking trails, and just around the corner from a craft brewery, sand volleyball and kayaking on the little Miami.
- We are family friendly with flexible work hours and progressive management that values self-driven work and dedication over micro-managing.
- The most important quality we look for in employees is intelligence. If we hire good, smart people, other qualifications can be trained. As a result, you will be working in an environment with smart people who are good at what they do and want to be both taught and learned from. It’s both an inspiration and a positive challenge.
- We don’t take ourselves too seriously. We work hard, but there’s always laughter in the hallways and a celebration on the calendar.
- We aren’t widely known on career sites because we have fantastic retention. We foster an environment where people hang on to their jobs because they love them. In addition to young talent, currently employed at Cincinnati HQ are more than three-dozen employees who have 20+ years on staff. This is a place you can build a career.
Job type: Full Time
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Industry: Business to Business Publishing
Experience Level: Entry-Level
Company Size: 50-200 employees
Role: Entry Level Help Desk Support Specialist
Company Type: Private
Please submit a cover letter and resume to HR Manager Tonya Harris.