Assistant Digital Editor
Gardner Business Media, a global media and marketing agency, is seeking one or more full-time Assistant Digital Editors to take ownership of digital content marketing for various media brands. This entry-level position requires an organized, motivated individual with content creation skills. This position is offered in Cincinnati, Ohio, and offers comprehensive benefits, a friendly, family-oriented work environment and possibility for career growth. All Gardner employees are on a temporary work-from-home mandate due to Covid-19. Gardner is the premier publisher for the heart of manufacturing in North America – providing relevant information of keen interest to the people who power plants, shops, and factories.
About this Role
The Assistant Digital Editor works with the editorial team on development and execution of content across a variety of formats, including print and digital editions, e-newsletters, blogs and social media outlets. The Assistant Digital Editor works to engage the existing digital audience and find creative ways to expand the audience. This person identifies digital goals for the brand and works to monitor and achieve them.
Top Skills Needed
- Researching, compiling, and promoting news and technical articles
- Staying current on social media best practices and acting as a social media resource for writing editors
- Maintaining a consistent social media presence on platforms including LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube
- Managing brand website, including scheduling content, optimizing for SEO and promoting special programs or events
- Tracking social media and website analytics and communicating key performance indicators
- Overseeing content for eNewsletters
- Editing press releases and entering content into our proprietary content management system
- Creating web-exclusive content
- Attending events on behalf of the magazine (some travel required)
The right person for this job is smart, self-driven and curious. Qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing or related field
- Strong computer skills (including experience with video and photo editing tools)
- Organization skills with attention to detail
- Familiarity with social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn)
- Familiarity with Google Analytics preferred
- Understanding of SEO
- Cooperative, enthusiastic attitude
- Love of learning and discovery
A Bit About Us
Gardner Business Media is a global media company creating magazines and websites that accommodate deep-dive features and industry news, plus research cited internationally and events covering leading-edge manufacturing technologies, including 3D printing and the human-robotic interface. Alert and ready for the changes reshaping media, we are seeking players who will be ready to take us to the next level in immersive media experiences.
- Gardner is located in the heart of Newtown Ohio, which is a little-known gem- right across the street from a beautiful park with miles of walking and biking trails, and just around the corner from a craft brewery, sand volleyball and kayaking on the little Miami.
- We are family friendly with flexible work hours and progressive management that values self-driven work and dedication over micro-managing.
- The most important quality we look for in employees is intelligence. If we hire good, smart people, other qualifications can be trained. As a result, you will be working in an environment with smart people who are good at what they do and want to be both taught and learned from. It’s both an inspiration and a positive challenge.
- We don’t take ourselves too seriously. We work hard, but there’s always laughter in the hallways and a celebration on the calendar.
- We aren’t widely known on career sites because we have fantastic retention. We foster an environment where people hang on to their jobs because they love them. In addition to young talent, currently employed at Cincinnati HQ are more than three-dozen employees who have 20+ years on staff. This is a place you can build a career.
Job type: Full Time
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Industry: Business to Business Publishing
Experience Level: Entry-Level
Company Size: 50-200 employees
Role: Assistant Digital Editor
Company Type: Private
Please submit a cover letter and resume to HR Manager Tonya Harris.