Audience Development DirectorTuesday, February 23, 2016
As Gardner’s Audience Development Director, you will take a hands-on approach to shaping, characterizing and defining our audience for multiple industrial niche publications, websites, e-newsletters, webinars, research and events. Strategically, we are looking for an experienced, forward thinking individual who can help us maximize the relevant audience Gardner brings to our advertising customers. The position includes maintaining the excellence of our BPA Audited lists and growing our lists to include a wider range of purchasing influencers - including up and coming future leaders - who will benefit from access to our high quality content in print, online and in person. We are looking for an excellent communicator who will fit into our unique culture.
- Collaborate with the Executive Team to implement vision for broadening our audience
- Expand, engage, manage and maintain our print, digital, research and events audience
- Develop strategies and analyze data collection from online audience to promote new products
- Create and maintain audience profiles that provide optimal market coverage
- Ability to target list growth using a wide range of tactics, including engaging at high level prospects using social media tools like Facebook and LinkedIn and developing cooperative relationships with complementary organizations
- Report and interpret audience trends and coordinate and prepare special reports/projects to publishers, senior management and sales force
- Develop, implement, oversee, update and report on the annual corporate audience development budget
- Attend industry events to develop broad understanding of our markets served
Required Education, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA and/or business majors preferred
- 3-5+ years’ experience in audience development at a direct marketing, data or publishing company
- Ability to rapidly analyze large quantities of information, identify critical observations and insights, and adjust plans and budgets accordingly
- Detail-oriented and hands on experience in handling multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Experience with Google Analytics analysis preferred
- Ability to work effectively and have fun with professionals across disciplines in a matrix-style organization
Gardner Business Media is an 80+ year old successful family owned and operated small business. Gardner values personality and intellect just as much as one’s talent and skill-sets. Currently employed at Cincinnati HQ are more than three-dozen employees who have 20+ years on staff. We take our industries, our markets, our jobs and our brands seriously. When the work and deadlines have been met, we will come together celebrating our collective efforts as a premier B2B media company.
Competitive Salary, Participation in Bonus Plan, Social Security Insurance, Group Life Insurance, Group Comprehensive Medical/Dental Insurance, Paid Time Off, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Savings Plan [401(k)], Cafeteria/Flexible Benefit Plan, Educational Assistance.