Write emails with the prospect or customer in mind, not the company. Remember that even in B2B, people make the buying decisions. And, professionally written lead generation and lead nurturing emails get higher open rates, and more responses.
By Meryl Evans
Here are Meryl’s top email copywriting tips:
- Write emails with the prospect or customer in mind, not the company. Remember that even in B2B, people make the buying decisions.
- Use paragraph breaks every three or four sentences. Many emails still have long paragraphs, which are hard to read. Faced with a long block of text, many people are daunted and move on.
- Use multiple sub-headings, and numbered and bulleted lists (like this one) whenever possible. People skim and scan when reading online.
- Limit calls to action to one or (at the most) two items. Any more than that and people get confused about what you want them to do. Confused people do nothing.
- Add a response link to the beginning of each email for those ready to take action before reading the rest of the message. Don’t make people who are ready to respond search for your link. Repeat the link further down for those who take longer to decide.
Professionally written lead generation and lead nurturing emails get higher open rates, and more responses. Consider hiring professional email copywriters.
Need more information?
601 Pendar Road
North Kingstown, RI 02852-6620
800-366-1877 • 401-234-4406
Meryl is a professional writer and editor who specializes in online B2B lead generation and lead nurturing. She helps clients build and maintain relationships with their prospects and customers through email, newsletters, landing pages, blogs and more.